I'm here, in Boulder. All is good except for the money situation. I can't seem to find a job. I'm WAY more qualified than any little dweeby freshmen that are trying to get retail employment. This is just irksome.
I got here LATE Sunday night and moved in on Monday. Dad left Tuesday mid-day. Right when Kristen (my roommate) was moving in. We've got a cute little, one room, efficiency. The rent's only $375 a month including utilities and the Buff Bus stops not far from the front door of our building. The BEST part is the view. We've got a NW facing apt. so we can see the mountains out the window! I saw a hot air balloon the other day. It was coming toward my building from the mountains. It was AWESOME.
I lost the cable to connect my digi. cam. to my computer, but as soon as the new one comes in the mail, I'll upload some photos of Boulder. What a cool city. I'm going to miss Chicago though.
My schedule is OK. I REALLY need to change what section of aural skills I'm in. As is, I don't have time to breath Mondays and Wednesdays. I'm booked from 8AM to 1:30 PM. If I can be in the Tuesday/Thursday section, at least I'll have some time. It really irks me how they don't have off semester theory classes. If they hadn't mailed my orientation packed to Chicago, and I'd known about the theory placement exams, I would most likely have been placed in semester 2 classes. Oh well, this way, I'll have an easy time in written and I'll be able to work on piano and aural some more. Neither are my favorite classes. Luckily, there are only 2 semesters of class piano required here. :D Lucky me!
Boulder baby, Boulder!!!
It's about to rain. I've brought the rains with me from the east to ease the drought. Now I don't feel quite so bad about falling asleep in the shower for a minute last night. I should remember to take the sleeping pill AFTER my shower, not before it. Doh.
